Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ed Komp <ko...@ittc.ku.edu> on 2009/04/30 18:07:56 UTC

Axis2 1.4 PolicyInclude class

I'm working on code changes so that WSDL2Java will include WS-Policy
appearing in WSDL 2.0 input
in the generated stub class,
so I'm spending a lot of time in the PolicyInclude class.

Several of the methods in this class begin with a comment section
indicating that the method has
been deprecated.  For example,

>          * @deprecated As of 1.4 release. If you need to calculate
> merged policy of
>          *             all policies that are in the policy cache of
>          *             {@link AxisDescription}, use
>         *             {@link PolicySubject
> #getAttachedPolicyComponents() and \
> {@link org.PolicyUtil #getMergedPolicy(List, AxisDescription)}}
>          */
>     public Policy getPolicy() {

My specific question is:
in Axis 2 1.4 (and forward) does every PolicyInclude instance include
a non-null description field?
If I know this, it will at least make reading the code much easier to
understand/evaluate.

The class, WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder, uses the deprecated methods of
PolicyInclude.
I do not plan to replace these with the suggested replacements (to
minimize the changes I make in code
that I don't understand all that well); but I do need a better
understanding of what is occurring.

Also, is there any documentation about the changes in 1.4 relating to
PolicyInclude, PolicySubject and related classes?

thanks for your help !

Ed Komp