Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Samir Agarwal <sa...@accelerite.com> on 2016/01/26 09:22:01 UTC

Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint

Hello,

This is a wide distribution. I hesitate to spam, but I do want to introduce Accelerite to the Apache CloudStack community - who we are, how we do things, and what is our thinking on CloudStack. If you missed the announcement about Accelerite acquiring CloudPlatform from Citrix, you can find it here<https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2016/01/11/a-new-home-accelerite-to-acquire-cloudplatform/>.

My name is Samir Agarwal, and I manage products at Accelerite. Our company strives to be a preferred, premier provider of IT solutions to companies around the globe. The company has three key business lines - Mobility and endpoint management, IoT, and Cloud Solutions. This last business line is where our acquisition of CloudPlatform fits, and complements our already existing self-service and disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.

In addition to building products from scratch, Accelerite regularly acquires assets from other companies - much like CloudPlatform from Citrix. Almost always the first thing we do is bring a strong focus on support to make sure our customers' needs are being met. In parallel we look to significantly increase our investments in R&D. We want to make sure our existing and future customers see our commitment to the product, and an exciting roadmap to go with it. This is exactly what we are planning to do with CloudPlatform as well.

So, what does all of this mean for CloudStack? I can tell you that our commitment to CloudStack is rock solid. You should fully expect to see us contributing to the CloudStack code base, and owning even more items on the roadmap. We will be in meetups and CloudStack events to further promote the cause of CloudStack and CloudPlatform. To say we are thrilled about the possibilities doesn't do justice to our level of excitement. My colleague, Lianghwa Jou, and I met Ilya H, John K and Animesh C - all members of the CloudStack PMC - the other day over lunch. We learned a great deal from them, and left with a resolve to further engage with the community, and explore how we can make meaningful contributions. We are firmly of the belief that the success of CloudPlatform lies in the success of CloudStack. Put more plainly, without CloudStack, there is no CloudPlatform!

We look forward to an exciting relationship with the CloudStack community.

Samir

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

RE: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Welcome to the community.

We're all looking forward to working with to make CloudStack even better.

Paul Angus

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Paul Angus
VP Technology   ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44 203 617 0528 | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:+44%20203%20617%200528%20|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>     |      m:      +44 7711 418784<tel:+44%207711%20418784>

e:      paul.angus@shapeblue.com | t: @cloudyangus<ma...@cloudyangus>      |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:image077109.png@aa13df27.4d8d390c]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> | CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> | CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

RE: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Samir
Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing you and your team here.

Kind Regards
Giles

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Giles Sirett
CEO     ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44  20 3603 0541 | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:+44%20%2020%203603%200541%20|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>         |      m:      +44 7961112055<tel:+44%207961112055>

e:      giles.sirett@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:giles.sirett@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:image41915e.png@ab762c32.4da87a75]

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the note Samir,

Indeed welcome to the CloudStack community.

It is great to hear your thoughts and high level views of what you are going to do with CloudPlatform and how you plan to engage with CloudStack.

Let us know how we can help.

-Sebastien

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Ian Rae <ir...@cloudops.com>.
Welcome to the community Accelerite!!!

--
Ian Rae
CEO | PDG

CloudOps | Cloud Infrastructure and Networking Solutions
www.cloudops.com | 420 rue Guy | Montreal | Canada | H3J 1S6

Re: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint

Posted by ilya <il...@gmail.com>.
Accelerite Team,

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Samir.
We are happy to welcome you to the Apache community at-large :^)
Warmly,Sally
Vice President, Marketing & PublicityThe Apache Software Foundation = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi

 <!--#yiv5602796307 _filtered #yiv5602796307 {font-family:"Cambria Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv5602796307 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv5602796307 #yiv5602796307 p.yiv5602796307MsoNormal, #yiv5602796307 li.yiv5602796307MsoNormal, #yiv5602796307 div.yiv5602796307MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}#yiv5602796307 a:link, #yiv5602796307 span.yiv5602796307MsoHyperlink {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5602796307 a:visited, #yiv5602796307 span.yiv5602796307MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:#954F72;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv5602796307 span.yiv5602796307EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";color:windowtext;}#yiv5602796307 span.yiv5602796307EmailStyle18 {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";color:#1F497D;}#yiv5602796307 .yiv5602796307MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv5602796307 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv5602796307 div.yiv5602796307WordSection1 {}-->Hello,    This is a wide distribution. I hesitate to spam, but I do want to introduce Accelerite to the Apache CloudStack community – who we are, how we do things, and what is our thinking on CloudStack. If you missed the announcement about Accelerite acquiring CloudPlatform from Citrix, you can find it here.     My name is Samir Agarwal, and I manage products at Accelerite. Our company strives to be a preferred, premier provider of IT solutions to companies around the globe. The company has three key business lines – Mobility and endpoint management, IoT, and Cloud Solutions. This last business line is where our acquisition of CloudPlatform fits, and complements our already existing self-service and disaster recovery & business continuity solutions.    In addition to building products from scratch, Accelerite regularly acquires assets from other companies – much like CloudPlatform from Citrix. Almost always the first thing we do is bring a strong focus on support to make sure our customers’ needs are being met. In parallel we look to significantly increase our investments in R&D. We want to make sure our existing and future customers see our commitment to the product, and an exciting roadmap to go with it. This is exactly what we are planning to do with CloudPlatform as well.    So, what does all of this mean for CloudStack? I can tell you that our commitment to CloudStack is rock solid. You should fully expect to see us contributing to the CloudStack code base, and owning even more items on the roadmap. We will be in meetups and CloudStack events to further promote the cause of CloudStack and CloudPlatform. To say we are thrilled about the possibilities doesn’t do justice to our level of excitement. My colleague, Lianghwa Jou, and I met Ilya H, John K and Animesh C – all members of the CloudStack PMC - the other day over lunch. We learned a great deal from them, and left with a resolve to further engage with the community, and explore how we can make meaningful contributions. We are firmly of the belief that the success of CloudPlatform lies in the success of CloudStack. Put more plainly, without CloudStack, there is no CloudPlatform!    We look forward to an exciting relationship with the CloudStack community.    Samir    DISCLAIMER==========This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

RE: Accelerite's acquisition of CloudPlatform - the Accelerite viewpoint