Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/06 15:20:22 UTC

[RELEASE]: new snapshot and final integration of language updates

Hi,

we are currently uploading a new snapshot build based on the SNAPSHOT
tag revision 1520285 (corresponding rev. on AOO401 branch 1520244).

The upload is ongoing and takes some time. The wiki page reflects the
new build and if a link is not yet working, please try again later.

This snapshot includes additional languages Serbian Cyrillic and
Vietnamese and further lang updates.

Vietnamese is currently not available on Windows due to build problems.
For creating the download package we have to use the unicode version of
nsis which have support for Vietnamese. But there is some more work
necessary and I won't be able investigate in this problem for this
snapshot. Easy and fast switch to the unicode version doesn't work.
Sorry but Vietnamese is on risk.

For details please check
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/snapshot_rev1520244.htm

Details of the former snapshot can be found under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/snapshot_rev1518667.htm

My plan is to finally update the languages on Monday, that means an
indirect extension of the translation deadline until Sunday Sep 7th.

I plan also to integrate further bug fixes until Wednesday 11th.

Please work with the snapshots and report issues asap that we can take
potential problems into account.

With AOO 4.1 we will shift to a beta release cycle but not for the 4.0.1.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE]: new snapshot and final integration of language updates

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/13 10:05 AM, Ricardo Berlasso wrote:
> 2013/9/6 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we are currently uploading a new snapshot build based on the SNAPSHOT
>> tag revision 1520285 (corresponding rev. on AOO401 branch 1520244).
>>
>> The upload is ongoing and takes some time. The wiki page reflects the
>> new build and if a link is not yet working, please try again later.
>>
>> This snapshot includes additional languages Serbian Cyrillic and
>> Vietnamese and further lang updates.
>>
>> Vietnamese is currently not available on Windows due to build problems.
>> For creating the download package we have to use the unicode version of
>> nsis which have support for Vietnamese. But there is some more work
>> necessary and I won't be able investigate in this problem for this
>> snapshot. Easy and fast switch to the unicode version doesn't work.
>> Sorry but Vietnamese is on risk.
>>
>> For details please check
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/snapshot_rev1520244.htm
>>
>> Details of the former snapshot can be found under
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/developer-snapshots/snapshot/snapshot_rev1518667.htm
>>

>> My plan is to finally update the languages on Monday, that means an
>> indirect extension of the translation deadline until Sunday Sep 7th.
>>
>> I plan also to integrate further bug fixes until Wednesday 11th.
>>
>> Please work with the snapshots and report issues asap that we can take
>> potential problems into account.
>>
>> With AOO 4.1 we will shift to a beta release cycle but not for the 4.0.1.
>>

> There is a small problem with the md5 and sha256 files for Linux builds
> that makes the "-c" parameter fail: instead of listing the file name there
> is a path, for example
>
> <check-sume-code>
> /tmp/snapshots/Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_es.tar.gz
>
> instead of just
>
> <check-sume-code>
> Apache_OpenOffice_4.0.1_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_es.tar.gz

a minor problem that will be solved with the next build

> Win and Mac files are OK.

I noticed that many builds for Mac and Windows are still not available
because of network problems. I uploading the files are now again ...

Juergen

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.