Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/04/06 09:00:27 UTC

[FlexJS] Better FB/Falcon Integration

Hi Folks,

I just spent the past week or so trying to get Falcon integrated into FB.
It won't replace ASC2.0 as the code-model compiler.  I'm just trying to
get FB to call Falcon when you build your project.  It turns out that FB
doesn't call mxmlc directly and has a poorly documented interface designed
to support incremental compilation.  I disabled the incremental stuff for
now and was able to get something working.  It doesn't always re-build
when you hit save and I'll look into that next, but it can run Falcon and
build your SWF without the external launch configs.

Once I get the nightly builds for Falcon and FlexJS running again, you'll
be able to try it and hopefully you'll agree that it is a much better
experience.  For example, now if you have errors it will report them in
the problems pane, and you can just hit debug like any other Flex project.

I'm sure there will be bugs found, but give it a try.  It was the last
thing on my list before starting to create Rcs so if I can make the
re-build-on-save issue go away, it will be time to start making the first
FlexJS RC.

-Alex