Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/01/30 05:27:33 UTC

[io] moved to commons proper

I've gone ahead and moved the jakarta-commons-sandbox/io to
jakarta-commons/io.

If anyone has a need to access it under the sandbox directory, I've found
that cvs seems quite happy with sym links, so I can set that up. The other
approach is to do a perl search and replace on your CVS/Repository file,
which is preferable.

Currently I'm using a sym-link to make the commons/sandbox/io appear at
commons/io until a new one is generated. Then the sym link can go the
other way I guess, or do a redirect.

I'm not sure what the plan is for updating all the mavenised sites with
component lists.

Hen

Re: [io] moved to commons proper

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
My screwup. Part of a promotion vote should be to have active committers
with sandbox only access being given access to the main repository. I'll
send a vote immediately and hopefully it can be done soon.

Hen

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I've got a little time and thought I'd work on IO a little. There are at
least two patches to be applied and I found that currently the whole
thing doesn't compile under JDK 1.3.

When I tried to commit (not via sandbox) I get an "Access denied".
No surprise, actually. But may I request karma for jakarta-commons/io
(needs a vote, doesn't it?) or shall I try switching back to sandbox
acces and use indirectly using the symlink? Thanks!

On 30.01.2004 05:27:33 Henri Yandell wrote:

> I've gone ahead and moved the jakarta-commons-sandbox/io to
> jakarta-commons/io.
>
> If anyone has a need to access it under the sandbox directory, I've found
> that cvs seems quite happy with sym links, so I can set that up. The other
> approach is to do a perl search and replace on your CVS/Repository file,
> which is preferable.
>
> Currently I'm using a sym-link to make the commons/sandbox/io appear at
> commons/io until a new one is generated. Then the sym link can go the
> other way I guess, or do a redirect.
>
> I'm not sure what the plan is for updating all the mavenised sites with
> component lists.

Jeremias Maerki