Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Ruth, Thomas {PDBI~Basel}" <TH...@Roche.COM> on 2002/05/04 18:09:55 UTC

Cocoon and cokies

Hi all
we have introduced a new Intranet portal framework in our organization (very successful for around 3000+ users). This portal framework is based on two components. Cocoon2 and Livelink (a CMS from Opentext). We use Livelink as the data entry tool for users. Livelink is already well known in the organization so we reuse this tool. As Livelink offers a function to export metadata to XML we use this and publish the relevant data to the Cocoon2 environment. This is a real publishing process, content managers maintain data and at one point in time they publish. So we publish the data on demand and present on the portal whatever we do with the data using XSLT (and other features from Cocoon).
The export of the data can be triggered by using http request from any browser. Something like: http://livelink/id=12345&objaction=xmlexport&scope=sub&attributeinfo. This generates a XML file (if already logged in). If I am not logged into Livelink, I get a prompt and can provide my username/password. Livelink uses cockie to handle the session and priviliges.
I can also provide username/password in the URI http://livelink/func=ll.login&username=XXX&password=YYY. This works from a browser. Livelink is recognizing the request does a login, sets the cockie at the client browser by sending a page using the meta tag redirect.
As we have such a great success in using this framework (Thanks to all of you who have participated in building Cocoon2!!!) we now want to go a step further and generate the XML file on request by the portal user.
So the sitemap shall have an entry like
<map:aggregate element="live">
	<map:part src="http://livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll.login&amp;username=xxx&amp;password=yyy"/>
	<map:part src="http://livelink/livelink.exe?func=ll&amp;objAction=XMLExport&amp;objId=6152797&amp;attributeinfo&amp;scope=one"/>
</map:aggregate>

This is working when sending these two http requests from an browser, with the first request setting the cockie, so the second request gets 'through'.

I have no idea on how we would do this in using Cocoon2. Any idea? How can Cocoon handle cockies? Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help
Thomas Ruth
thomas.ruth@roche.com

RE: Cocoon and cokies

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Luca Morandini [mailto:luca.morandini1@tin.it]
>
> Thomas,
>
> I know this will sound rather naive but... did you look into the
cookie
> logicsheet ?

Unfortunately, this won't help him. He wants to act Cocoon as a client
to Livelink and manage cookies sent by Livelink on Cocoon side (like
usual browser does).

I would say that this requires patching of URLSource which is
responsible for handling external HTTP sources, and adding cookie
management capabilities to in.

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.