Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Chen Peng Lim <ch...@coherity.com> on 2002/07/16 10:08:00 UTC

PParse segmentation fault

Hi,

I've compiled xerces-c version 1.6.0 and all its samples on my machine
running Redhat 7.2 and gcc 2.96. I need to use the PParse program (from the
samples) to validate some xml schemas as part of my program, however, when I
tried to run PParse on command line, with the -f -n -s flags, it gave me a
segmentation fault.

I've tried different combo of the flags and found that with whatever combo,
it worked fine with the -f flag out, but I am not sure if that would poise
any problem if I need full schema validation. Also, I tried compile and run
PParse on Solaris and Windows and they worked fine (with all the flags).

On my Linux box, I also tried recompile the codes without the optimization
option (-O), but the same problem occurs.

Could anyone let me know if this is a known issue with the samples and if
there's any way to get around it (I tried to avoid spending time writing my
own parsing code if it's not absolutely necessary to do so)

Thanks
(Pls also reply to chenplim@yahoo.com as I am not subscribed to this list)

Chen