Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com> on 2000/07/17 20:08:18 UTC

SVG Linear gradients

The svg-all.pdf still doesn't appear to have linear gradients (although the
radial gradients look mighty fine). Is this a bug in the file or in FOP?

I couldn't get it to work in my test files either, so I guess the latter. Is
it something in the PDF side of things? Keiron, you mentioned the smooth
shading having some bugs. Is this it?
-Steve

Re: SVG Linear gradients

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

COFFMAN Steven wrote:

> The svg-all.pdf still doesn't appear to have linear gradients (although the
> radial gradients look mighty fine). Is this a bug in the file or in FOP?

I got some linear gradient rendering just not the right rendering (as far as I
know)

> I couldn't get it to work in my test files either, so I guess the latter. Is
> it something in the PDF side of things? Keiron, you mentioned the smooth
> shading having some bugs. Is this it?
> -Steve

I think I should have been more specific.
There is a bug somewhere in the rendering of the linear gradient.
That is, there is a difference between the resulting pdf output (as rendered by
pdf reader) and another svg viewer.

So the error is one of:
parsing svg properties and elements
reading svg dom information
translating information into the other information in PDFRenderer*
calls to the pdf code

* is possibly the most likely cause