Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 21:30:51 UTC

[FlexJS] [FalconJX] Feature request - Preserve ASDoc style comments

Is it possible to copy over the ASDoc styled comments when cross-compiling
from AS to JS?

My AS function looks like this:

        /**
         *  Draw the path.
         *  @param data A string containing a compact represention of the
path segments.
         *  The value is a space-delimited string describing each path
segment. Each
         *  segment entry has a single character which denotes the segment
type and
         *  two or more segment parameters.
         *
         *  If the segment command is upper-case, the parameters are
absolute values.
         *  If the segment command is lower-case, the parameters are
relative values.
         *
         *  @langversion 3.0
         *  @playerversion Flash 10.2
         *  @playerversion AIR 2.6
         *  @productversion FlexJS 0.0
         */
        public function drawPath(data:String):void {

But, when I cross-compile it, the JS function looks like this:

/**
 * @expose
 * @param {string} data
 */
org.apache.flex.core.graphics.GraphicsContainer.prototype.drawPath =
function(data) {

Is there any way to preserve the comments from the AS3 version?

Thanks,
Om

Re: [FlexJS] [FalconJX] Feature request - Preserve ASDoc style comments

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Please note that the JSDoc that is currently there is essential for the
Closure Compiler to do its work. Simply replacing it with the ASDoc will
cause cross compilation to fail.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [FlexJS] [FalconJX] Feature request - Preserve ASDoc style comments

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.