Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by ni...@researchgate.net on 2013/08/05 18:27:03 UTC

Problem loading new UDTF in local hive copy

Hi,

I'm trying to compile hive with a new UDTF and have been following the
wiki instruction
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GenericUDAFCaseStudy).

I've added my new function to the function registry and have
successfully updated show_functions.q.out. However, when I recompile
and start my local copy of hive with build/dist/bin/hive the "show
functions;" command is still not listing my new function. Any thoughts
on what I'm missing? Sorry if this is a naive question.

Thanks for your help,
Niko