Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Aaron Anderson <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/25 09:21:35 UTC

Roller on Glassfish

For the last week I have been trying to get Roller 2.0 running on GlassFish. You can see my notes here:

  http://onticrealms.com/roller/complete.html

  The admin iterface seems to work fine. However, I have come across a problem that when I open a web bog it crashes the server. I have opened up issue 188 on the glassfish issue tracker about it but I am so close to getting it work that I would like to find a work around. I believe the root cause is with hibernate and I would like to try to use the JDO persistence instead. I have checked out the source but it is a little unclear on how to enable it. Also, how stable is it?

  Do I just have to

  edit in the JDO entries in custom-src-beans.xmlf and custom-jar.xmlf
  run gen-jdomappings
  run build all
  add persistence.roller.classname=org.roller.business.JDO.JDORollerImpl to the roller.properties

  to enable it?

  Aaron

Re: Roller on Glassfish

Posted by Aaron Anderson <ni...@yahoo.com>.
The whole domain crashes, i.e the java process dies. I
don't know if it is because of a JVM fault or not, the
server.log file says nothing after it throws a
classnotfound exception for a hibernate class that in
in the web app.

My theory is that antlr.jar is in the bootstrap
classpath and that is causing some conflict with the
web app. If you have twenty minutes you can try it out
yourself.
http://onticrealms.com/roller/quickStart.html

Aaron

Re: Roller on Glassfish