Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bill Schindler <de...@bitranch.com> on 2000/12/03 01:44:59 UTC

Re: CVS compile: Invalid option -instances=static

David_N_Bertoni@lotus.com wrote:
> Well that version of gcc is _much_ newer than the version that Xerces
> officially supports.  Perhaps they just got rid of the -instances option?

That version of gcc (2.96) isn't even an official version. According to the
info at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html, it's "the code-name
for our development branch that will eventually become GCC 3.0." If you
like testing compilers, it's great. Otherwise, it's probably better to stick
with the current release (2.95.2).

--Bill

undefined references

Posted by Abhijit Tamhane <at...@Adobe.COM>.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me any particular reason why I am getting undefined
references while linking to libxerces-c1_3.so on Solaris 2.6. I am using a
gcc 2.95 compiler and linker.

The undefined references I am getting are for functions stricmp(char
const*, char const*) and strnicmp(char const*, char const*). These
functions are used in XMLString.cpp and defined in various *defs.cpp files
(for example GCCDefs.cpp).

Thanks,
Abhi.