Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ealden Escañan <ea...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/08 11:57:37 UTC

WordPress MU to Roller 4.0 database migration

Hi, list

Has anyone performed a Wordpress MU to Roller 4.0?  We have some data in our
WordPress MU setup and would like to move them to Roller.  I'm especially
interested in a database migration script if one exists already :-).

Thanks!

--
Ealden Esto E. Escañan
http://ealden.net

Re: WordPress MU to Roller 4.0 database migration

Posted by Angel Vera <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Ealden,

  Hopefully has already done some migration from Wordpress to roller, but if you find that noone has, there is a tool int the roller utilities repositories that can help you do some of the job. The tool provides all the implementation for getting data into roller, but as far as getting it from the source we currently only support to get it from blojsom. You can easily implement the classes and extends the tools functionality to read the data from the wordpress databases and put it into some format (IEntry and IComment) that will be understandable for Roller.

  Hope that helps.. (always make a backup of your old database, and ensure it works before you migrate)