Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <st...@adolos.co.uk> on 2000/12/27 13:00:18 UTC

[C2] [Q] Closing files in ComposerGenerators

Is there an explicit way of closing files opened by ComposerGenerators?

At present it looks like they are closed implicitly when the VM gets round to it, but this is problematic for us because we want to be able to update the input files without restarting Cocoon and we can't gain write access unless the files are closed.

On a related note, is there any built in mechanism for caching the output of ComposerGenerators?

AbstractServerPage appears to provide hooks for caching and file modification checking, but isn't used by ServerPagesGenerator.  Can I / should I use this instead?

Thanks,

Stuart.

Lead Developer                                  Mac OS X, Java, XML, etc.