Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net> on 2002/11/03 13:24:48 UTC

ap_get_module_config

Hi

I have spent maybe a whole day to try to make a package for Mandrake Linux
Cooker/9.0. I used parts from the RPM spec file by David Summers and Michael
Ballbach for my package. As I read the stuff in packages/rpm/mandrake-9.0 I
realized I probably had to rebuild apache2 against db4, so I did. I'm the
apache2 main RPM package maintainer for Mandrake so that was no problem. I'm
now at the point where I have to decide if I want to keep the current package
spec file design with its subpackages and such. I may have to do
"libifiction" meaning putting all libraries in a separate package etc.

Now. When I try to start apache2 I get:

Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
/etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
ap_get_module_config

WTF?

You can find my SRC.RPM and SPEC file here:

http://d-srv.com/Cooker/SRPMS/subversion-0.14.5-1mdk.src.rpm
http://d-srv.com/Cooker/SPECS/subversion.spec

If you can help me pass this error I might be able to submit this package into
the Mandrake contribs repository today or tomorrow.

Chears.
--
Regards // Oden Eriksson - Deserve-IT Networks http://d-srv.com

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://d-srv.com/modules_for_apache2.html

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net> writes:

> > > Or you could have the obscure configure logic check if it's possible to
> > > use it.
> >
> > Does apxs tell us?  Do we just need to check "$APXS -q CFLAGS" for
> > AP_DEBUG?  I don't have a --enable-maintainer-mode Apache installation
> > to test at the moment.
>
> Hmm..., neither do I. But hey, I just compiled my apache2 with
> "--enable-maintainer-mode", and here's what you could do:
>
> ./apxs -q EXTRA_CPPFLAGS
> -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_DEBUG

So what we really should do is modify change Subversion's
--enable-maintainer-mode handling to stop it adding -DAP_DEBUG and
instead add the APXS EXTRA_CPPFLAGS if a working APXS is detected.
This would mean that it would not matter whether Apache or Subversion
used --enable-maintainer-mode the mod_dav_svn module would always
match httpd.

--
Philip Martin

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.
söndagen den 3 november 2002 19.36 skrev Philip Martin:

> > > Should we add this to the FAQ?  I know it's in the INSTALL file, but
> > > it comes up on the list repeatedly, which does make it a FAQ :)
> >
> > Or you could have the obscure configure logic check if it's possible to
> > use it.
>
> Does apxs tell us?  Do we just need to check "$APXS -q CFLAGS" for
> AP_DEBUG?  I don't have a --enable-maintainer-mode Apache installation
> to test at the moment.

Hmm..., neither do I. But hey, I just compiled my apache2 with
"--enable-maintainer-mode", and here's what you could do:

./apxs -q EXTRA_CPPFLAGS
-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_DEBUG

Also there's some other differences, check attached patch.

Chears.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 05:52:56PM +0000, Philip Martin wrote:
> David Kimdon <dw...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > > Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
> > > /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
> > > ap_get_module_config
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I expect this is because subversion is configured with
> > --enable-maintainer-mode and apache2 isn't.
>
> Should we add this to the FAQ?  I know it's in the INSTALL file, but
> it comes up on the list repeatedly, which does make it a FAQ :)

The right answer is to fix Apache. In the interim, add it to the FAQ? I see
no reason not to...

And yah... I need to do it cuz I created this problem :-(

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.
söndagen den 3 november 2002 17.38 skrev David Kimdon:
> Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:24:48PM +0100 wrote:
> > Now. When I try to start apache2 I get:
> >
> > Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
> > /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
> > ap_get_module_config
>
> Hi,
>
> I expect this is because subversion is configured with
> --enable-maintainer-mode and apache2 isn't.  In one case
> ap_get_module_config() is a macro, in the other a function. Take a
> look in http_config.h and search for ap_set_module_config() to get the
> whole story.

Ahh! You're right. That fixed the problem. Thanks David.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by David Kimdon <dw...@debian.org>.
Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 02:24:48PM +0100 wrote:
> Now. When I try to start apache2 I get:
>
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
> /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
> ap_get_module_config

Hi,

I expect this is because subversion is configured with
--enable-maintainer-mode and apache2 isn't.  In one case
ap_get_module_config() is a macro, in the other a function. Take a
look in http_config.h and search for ap_set_module_config() to get the
whole story.

-David

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.
söndagen den 3 november 2002 18.23 skrev Blair Zajac:
> Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > Now. When I try to start apache2 I get:
> >
> > Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
> > /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
> > ap_get_module_config
>
> The problem may be the order in which Apache's modules are being
> loaded.  The default Apache config doesn't order them so that symbol
> isn't loaded before other modules need them.

Thanks Blair, I had that problem too :)

But it's fixed.

Re: ap_get_module_config

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Oden Eriksson wrote:

> Now. When I try to start apache2 I get:
>
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so into server:
> /etc/httpd/2.0/extramodules/mod_dav_svn.so: undefined symbol:
> ap_get_module_config

The problem may be the order in which Apache's modules are being
loaded.  The default Apache config doesn't order them so that symbol
isn't loaded before other modules need them.

Here's the module list I used for my httpd2 install.  I only use it
for svn though, so you may want to enable other modules.

LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
#LoadModule authn_dbm_module modules/mod_authn_dbm.so
#LoadModule authn_anon_module modules/mod_authn_anon.so
#LoadModule authn_default_module modules/mod_authn_default.so
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule authz_groupfile_module modules/mod_authz_groupfile.so
#LoadModule authz_user_module modules/mod_authz_user.so
#LoadModule authz_dbm_module modules/mod_authz_dbm.so
#LoadModule authz_default_module modules/mod_authz_default.so
LoadModule auth_digest_module modules/mod_auth_digest.so
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
#LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
#LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule cern_meta_module modules/mod_cern_meta.so
#LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
#LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
#LoadModule usertrack_module modules/mod_usertrack.so
#LoadModule unique_id_module modules/mod_unique_id.so
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
#<IfDefine SSL>
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
#</IfDefine>
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
#LoadModule asis_module modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
#LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
#LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so
#LoadModule vhost_alias_module modules/mod_vhost_alias.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
#LoadModule imap_module modules/mod_imap.so
#LoadModule actions_module modules/mod_actions.so
#LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so
#LoadModule userdir_module modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so

Best,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>