Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Semih Tolga DEMİR <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/20 14:30:54 UTC

ACS 4.9.2 with VMWare vcenter hypervisor

Hi

We are trying to add VMWare vcenter hypervisor to our new fresh install
Cloudstack 4.9.2. When i try to add a zone with vcenter it ends with an
error like "Unknown API command: addVmwareDc" i searched the internet and i
find resources like "i need to use ShapeBlue Companies packages beacuse
these vmware tools have some copyrights so they are not added to official
opensource Apache CloudStack".

Using Shapeblue packages is this the only way to add vcenter to CloudStack?
Could someone help me to ?

Thanks
Tolga

RE: ACS 4.9.2 with VMWare vcenter hypervisor

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Um, strictly speaking, the packages may not be the same....

Everyone would build packages from the same source code. However there are options in the build process to include (or not include) 'proprietary' elements such as the VMware, F5 and Netapp libraries (amongst others). Builds with the additional libraries are termed 'no-redist' builds.

The 'ShapeBlue' repo will include those libraries, other repos may or may not include them.

Anyone consuming a repo would need to check whether the maintainer of that repo has built the no-redist version or not.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

You can use either packages. No functional differences are expected to exists between Shapeblue and community packages . You might want to collect and publish management server log for us to review and suggest further .

Re: ACS 4.9.2 with VMWare vcenter hypervisor

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.

Posted by Info Manager <in...@activecloud.co.il>.
Hello,

You need to use ShapeBlue Companies packages
We are using this package and it's work well

20 Янв 2017 г. 16:31 пользователь "Semih Tolga DEMİR" <