Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Akhil K <ak...@lntinfotech.com> on 2008/02/06 07:47:02 UTC

RadioButtons Problem!!!

I have added radio buttons to every row in the data table using the following
code:

<t:column>
            <f:facet name="header">
              <t:outputText value="Select"/>
            </f:facet>
            <t:selectOneRadio forceId="true" forceIdIndex="false" >
              <f:selectItem itemValue=" "/>
            </t:selectOneRadio>
          </t:column>

Can someone tell me how to use these radio buttons. I actually want to get a
select row and after clicking the edit button the details must get displayed
on other page inside some fields populated there.
Please reply as i am totally new to JSF and have to do it ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Akhil

Re: RadioButtons Problem!!!

Posted by Akhil K <ak...@lntinfotech.com>.
Hello,
I have seen the example in the link which you had given. Thanks for that.
But i actually wanted to retrieve the radio button index from the table so
that i can retrieve the row data using that particular index.

Thanks in advance,
Akhil

Re: RadioButtons Problem!!!

Posted by david delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Akhil K a écrit :
> I have added radio buttons to every row in the data table using the following
> code:
>
> <t:column>
>             <f:facet name="header">
>               <t:outputText value="Select"/>
>             </f:facet>
>             <t:selectOneRadio forceId="true" forceIdIndex="false" >
>               <f:selectItem itemValue=" "/>
>             </t:selectOneRadio>
>           </t:column>
>
> Can someone tell me how to use these radio buttons. I actually want to get a
> select row and after clicking the edit button the details must get displayed
> on other page inside some fields populated there.
> Please reply as i am totally new to JSF and have to do it ASAP.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Akhil

Hello,

first, your question is quite difficult to read and understand :) As you
are new to jsf, i'll point out to usefull ressource:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Display_Radio_Buttons_In_Columns

See the dynamic exemple, it show how to put a radio in column of a
datatable, but have only one value set (the "select a row" way :p)