Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nrn <pa...@tcs.com> on 2013/07/18 15:39:14 UTC

Scheduled message not persisted

I am a newbie here and I was trying to evaluate ActiveMQ for my SLA
management program. The idea is to put a message in the queue with a DELAY
value equal to the SLA.
I just tried ActiveMQ - 5.8.0 in the Win32 standalone version and a simple
java client (ConsumerTool.java) included with it.
The messages with delay worked just fine when the broker is running
consistently.
I did use persistent messages which used internal KahaDB, but the messages
failed partially if the broker is restarted
Eg:
(1) One message was put with a delay value of 1 minute
(2) Another message was put with a delay value of 5 minutes
The broker was restarted after 2 minutes. In this case, only the second (2)
message was delivered after 5 minutes. The first (1) message was never
delivered.
Not sure if this is a bug or whether I am missing anything. Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Scheduled message not persisted

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 07/18/2013 09:39 AM, nrn wrote:
> I am a newbie here and I was trying to evaluate ActiveMQ for my SLA
> management program. The idea is to put a message in the queue with a DELAY
> value equal to the SLA.
> I just tried ActiveMQ - 5.8.0 in the Win32 standalone version and a simple
> java client (ConsumerTool.java) included with it.
> The messages with delay worked just fine when the broker is running
> consistently.
> I did use persistent messages which used internal KahaDB, but the messages
> failed partially if the broker is restarted
> Eg:
> (1) One message was put with a delay value of 1 minute
> (2) Another message was put with a delay value of 5 minutes
> The broker was restarted after 2 minutes. In this case, only the second (2)
> message was delivered after 5 minutes. The first (1) message was never
> delivered.
> Not sure if this is a bug or whether I am missing anything. Any help would
> be appreciated. Thanks

This is currently the expected behavior since the broker wasn't running
at the time the Message would have been fired it doesn't deliver it once
its restarted.  There is an enhancement request already open for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4550 you're welcome to dive in
and submit a patch.

--
Tim Bish