Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ged Haywood <ge...@jubileegroup.co.uk> on 2000/02/24 00:45:09 UTC

documentation/5804: Broken link on website and inconsistency in "invoking.html"

>Number:         5804
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Broken link on website and inconsistency in "invoking.html"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          doc-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Feb 23 15:50:01 PST 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     ged@jubileegroup.co.uk
>Release:        1.3.11
"invoking.html" says that the server will exit if you try to restart Apache
with a broken configuration.  I believe this is wrong.  I use apachectl to
restart my mod_perl server and if I have broken the configuratino it just
tells me that it's broken and that it's ignored the restart instruction.

When I tried to find out if your bugs database knew about this, the first link
on www.apache.org/info/known_bugs.html (a link to bugs.apache.org/index) was
broken, so I couldn't search the database.  Well, not without thinking a bit.
So I didn't.

I am going to go through the entire .html Apache manual in the near future, and
when I do I expect to come up with a heap of corrections and stuff like that.

Should I wait until 2.0 is out or shall I plough through what I have (1.3.11)?

Kind regards,
Ged Haywood.
>How-To-Repeat:
Read the docs, click on the link!
>Fix:
I'll gladly rewrite the document for you if you agree with my comments.
If you don't, please tell me where I've gone wrong.

You probably need to put ".html" after the first occurrence of the word "index"
in document_root/info/known_bugs.html.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]