Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Gianluca Correndo <gi...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/03 12:02:59 UTC

[TOBAGO] valueChangeListener in selectOneChoice doesn't work

Hello everyone,
  I'm trying to use selectOneChoice component using an event listener for
updating the new values setted on the component.
  It does not work.
  The method is not called.
  I tried even to add a facet "change" to the component:

<tx:selectOneChoice label="mapper"
 valueChangeListener="#{OntologyManager.mapperNameChanged}"
 value="#{OntologyManager.mapperName}">
 <f:selectItems	value="#{OntologyManager.availableOntologyMapper}" />
 <f:facet name="change">
  <tc:command />
 </f:facet>
</tx:selectOneChoice>

 The method "mapperNameChanged" is still NOT called and the form that embed the
choice component (a popup) disappear as I submit an action.
 Am I misunderstanding the actual behaviour of the "valueChangeListener" of the
component? From the javadoc and from the tutorials seems not so.
 Gianluca

[TOBAGO] renderedPartially does not work with defaultCommand

Posted by goodusername <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have button that does some search and reloads the panel for results

<tc:button id="submit"
                label="#{someBundle.search}"
                action="#{searchTermSimple.search}">
        <tc:attribute name="renderedPartially"
value="termSimpleSearchPanel" />
</tc:button>

if I add defaultCommand="true" partial rendering does not work anymore :(
Any solution, please?

Thanks,
Stojan

Re: [TOBAGO] valueChangeListener in selectOneChoice doesn't work

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Gianluca,

this should work. Can you send the complete page, please.

If you are using facelets a note:
The facelet-extensions didn't support valueChangeListener. The
facelet-extensions are only compositions.

See:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tobago/trunk/extension/facelets/src/main/resources/META-INF/selectOneChoice.xml

The current snapshot of the tobago-facelet.jar supports the
tobago/extension for jsp, now.

This kind of question should asked on the user list.

Regards

Bernd