Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com> on 2011/01/22 20:42:38 UTC

how to best express dependency from auth.selector to auth.core

Based on the changes in SLING-1933, auth.selector 1.0.4 (the next release)
will depend upon auth.core 1.0.6. auth.selector now depends upon a new
substitution variable which only exists in auth.core 1.0.6 (and higher).

This change (adding the substitution variable) wasn't an API change in the
way I normally think of an API change, but I think it is important to
capture this dependency somewhere.

It this just as simple as upgrading the export version of
org.apache.sling.auth.core.spi to 1.0.4 and specifying this as the import
version in auth.selector? Is there some better way of expressing this?

Thanks,
Justin