Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Andy J.M." <ap...@yourimedia.com> on 2005/01/24 23:34:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Two domains (same MX?)

I'm not sure if this is an Apache specific issue. If not, please accept my
apology.

I have two domains; a-ma.com a-mass.com --- I am establishing mail accounts
on the first only, and want any mail <accidentally> sent to the second
rerouted to the first.

I believe all I have to do is establish an MX record for second that states
mail.second.com MX mail.first.com... am looking in the right direction?

The purpose is that domain one ends in state abbreviation (MA) and domain
two ends in another state abbreviation (MASS). You may know that MA is often
spoken "Mass"... so if email is given out me@a-ma.com and the sender
interprets "me@a-mass.com" then I can direct those emails to the a-ma.com
mail server.

Am I thinking correctly by establishing an MX record on a-mass.com that
states : a-mass.com MX a-ma.com ???

Thanks in advance!
-Andy