Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by cr...@odi.com.br on 2005/01/21 17:54:10 UTC

Read emails header - bayes

Hello,

I got spamassaim working and now i´m trying to check if bayes is working, I manually feed bayes database with about 10000 spams already marked as spam by spamassasim, now I´m looking at the headers of new emails and have no idea of what to look to check if bayes is working.

Angelo

Re: Read emails header - bayes

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:54 AM 1/21/2005, cron@odi.com.br wrote:
>I got spamassaim working and now i´m trying to check if bayes is working,
>I manually feed bayes database with about 10000 spams already marked as
>spam by spamassasim, now I´m looking at the headers of new emails and have
>no idea of what to look to check if bayes is working.

Look for X-Spam-Status headers containing BAYES_## where ## is 00, 50, 95,
99, etc.

Also, make sure you train SA on some ham (nonspam) as well... SA's bayes
engine can't distinguish between spam and ham unless it's seen some of both.

Re: Read emails header - bayes

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:54:10PM -0300, cron@odi.com.br wrote:

> I got spamassaim working and now i?m trying to check if bayes is
> working, I manually feed bayes database with about 10000 spams already
> marked as spam by spamassasim, now I?m looking at the headers of new
> emails and have no idea of what to look to check if bayes is working.

Initially, you have to feed the bayes-db with ham too.
You should see bayes almon the other tests in X-Spam-Status.

Rainer