Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 00:35:29 UTC

Batch method

Hi all,

I am using the batch method[1] and it states that I will get an array of
objects containing possibly null values. So my question is if there is a
way on knowing which operation was the one that failed from this null
value? Or any other way in which I could check for the failing operation?
Thanks in advance.

Renato M.

[1]
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#batch(java.util.List)

Re: Batch method

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lars,

Just looking for a way to solve my problems ;)
I want to create a ListenableFuture to help me know when the HBase
operations have finished, and I am trying to find a way to do this more
elegantly than just going through the exception's information. I mean I
will get the exception catch, resume operations and continue with the next
op, but I thought there was a way to get a list of objects containing the
status of the operation. That was why I was asking about the array of
objects returned by the batch operation, but I think that will do it for
now.
Thanks Lars!

Renato M.

Re: Batch method

Re: Batch method

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ted, I think that was what I was looking for (:

Renato M.

Re: Batch method

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Take a look at: