Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/02/08 20:01:41 UTC

[RT} Commit Wizard

As I was preparing this release, I noticed that we hadn't updated the
release notes with fixed issues.  For the RM, that's a pain and takes time
to figure out what was fixed and update the release notes.

Also:
-I personally keep forgetting to figure out issue #'s for the commits I
make and including a reference to it in the commit message
-I wrote a tutorial that uses the GitHub API to access commit logs from GH.

These 3 things reminded me of a wish I've long had, which is to write a
wizard app that I use to make commits to Royale repos.  It looks like we
could write an app where, when you are ready to commit a change that it
would remind me to figure out what issue I'm fixing and make the change to
the release notes file for me so I don't forget.  It could even list out
open issues to help me figure out what issue I'm fixing and append the
right text to the commit log message.

I think it might have to be written to use Cordova to get file system
access to my changes.  Would anyone else find something like this useful?
Are there other repetitive tasks in committing that we should automate?

Thoughts?
-Alex