Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2004/09/14 17:52:35 UTC

new HTMLLayout in CVS

Hello,

I just committed a CSSized version of EnhancedHTMLLayout, recently
contributed by Steve Mactaggart, into CVS. A sample output file is
included below. It refers to a default CSS file found at:

   http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/css/default0.css

With the new HTMLLayout the user can customize format of the table in
many ways, even at the level of each cell.

I am sure you can come up with more tasteful styles, in which case
your contributions would be most welcome.

--
Ceki G�lc�

Re: new HTMLLayout in CVS

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
The generated markup is invalid.  Make sure to test at:
http://validator.w3.org/

The problems are:

1.
<LINK REL=StyleSheet
HREF="http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/css/default0.css" TITLE="Basic" />

should be...

<LINK REL=StyleSheet
HREF="http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/css/default0.css" TITLE="Basic">

2.  There is no </table>

Besides this, why are we using Transitional HTML4.01?  Why not Strict?  Why
not XHTML1.0, for that matter?  Well, anyway, it should at least be valid.

I'm attaching a fixed HTML file with a couple minor changes for better
table structure along with slightly simplified CSS for your perusal.

Jake