Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by howard chen <ho...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/09 05:32:31 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd is opening a private directory

Hello,

I have a quite busy web server, so I use lsof to trace what
files/directory are actually using:

/usr/sbin/lsof

and I found SO MANY...

httpd      1745       web  cwd       DIR                8,6       4096
   8427988 /var/my_web_site/private
httpd      1747       web  cwd       DIR                8,6       4096
   8427988 /var/my_web_site/private
httpd      1748       web  cwd       DIR                8,6       4096
   8427988 /var/my_web_site/private
..
..

all are cwd...

And most importantly this folder is in fact out of my document root...

Any idea why is it happending? Any more I can trace?

Thanks.

(p.s. I am using mod_perl)