Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/29 17:12:47 UTC

multiproject and jelly variables

Hi,

how are variables handled in multiproject?

When I set a variable and call goals in subprojects, the variable seems to
be ignored:

<goal name="gc:test-cactus">
<!-- skip JUnit tests -->
<j:set var="maven.test.skip" value="true" />
<j:set var="cactus.test.skip" value="false" />

<maven:reactor
    basedir="."
    banner="Cactus testing project ...."
    includes="*/*/project.xml"
    excludes="./project.xml"
    postProcessing="false"
    goals="cactus"
    ignoreFailures="${maven.multiproject.ignoreFailures}"/>
</goal>

Inside the subprojects the maven.test.skip is false. (There are no
properties files with maven.test.skip). Why?

BTW, how are property files evaluated with respect to multiproject?
Properties in subprojects override properties in root project? And what
about "default" values that are stored in plugin properties?

Is there any documentation about this topic?

Thank you, Jan

Re: multiproject and jelly variables

Posted by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Dion

Jan

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 9/30/05, jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how are variables handled in multiproject?

Each project has it's own set of variables.

> When I set a variable and call goals in subprojects, the variable seems to
> be ignored:
>
> <goal name="gc:test-cactus">
> <!-- skip JUnit tests -->
> <j:set var="maven.test.skip" value="true" />
> <j:set var="cactus.test.skip" value="false" />
>
> <maven:reactor
>     basedir="."
>     banner="Cactus testing project ...."
>     includes="*/*/project.xml"
>     excludes="./project.xml"
>     postProcessing="false"
>     goals="cactus"
>     ignoreFailures="${maven.multiproject.ignoreFailures}"/>
> </goal>

Do the subprojects extend the project where this is being set up?

> Inside the subprojects the maven.test.skip is false. (There are no
> properties files with maven.test.skip). Why?

As the subprojects don't provide a value for maven.test.skip, the
value from the test plugin is used.

If you really want to override maven.test.skip for all projects, set
the system property, using:

${systemScope.put('maven.test.skip', 'true')}

> BTW, how are property files evaluated with respect to multiproject?
> Properties in subprojects override properties in root project? And what
> about "default" values that are stored in plugin properties?
>
> Is there any documentation about this topic?

Does http://maven.apache.org/reference/properties.html help?

> Thank you, Jan

Bernard Shaw