Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com> on 2018/11/26 19:40:35 UTC

RE: Building the latest log4cxx from source

Hello again,
Didn't get any responses to my question below.  Any log4cxx developers or users out there ?  A few additional questions :
1.      Which version are you'll using ?
2.       Did you build your own version from the latest source repository and is it working ok ?
3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from 2008) really the latest release ? I see references to 0.11.0 in many of the JIRAs but cannot find it in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.  https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/latest_stable/download.html

We are using log4cxx in Apache Trafodion .
Thanks
Sandhya

Posted by Sandhya Sundaresan <sa...@esgyn.com>.
Thanks  for both the responses !

I'll keep you'll posted on how it goes using the latest source .

Thanks

Sandhya

________________________________

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Robert Middleton <os...@gmail.com>.
Sandhya,

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Sandhya Sundaresan,
am Montag, 26. November 2018 um 20:40 schrieben Sie:

> Didn't get any responses to my question below.

Sorry, I've simply missed your mail.

> 1.      Which version are you'll using ?

I'm using master, which is 0.11.

> 2.       Did you build your own version from the latest source repository and is it working ok ?

Yes and yes, at least in my environment.

> 3.       Is log4cxx 0.10.0 (from 2008) really the latest release ?

Yes.

> I see references to 0.11.0 in many of the JIRAs but cannot find it
> in the Downloads page for  log4cxx.

There's no newer release because of a lack of time.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Building the latest log4cxx from source

Posted by Robert Middleton <os...@gmail.com>.
Sandhya,

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.