Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Wahed Hemati <he...@em.uni-frankfurt.de> on 2016/01/08 17:22:27 UTC

Uima-AS Cas merger with cas multiplier

Hi,
I am seeking for a solution for my little problem.
I have a Uima-AS AAE with a cas multiplier. My input is a simple text
document. The Cas multiplier splits the document into two parts for
which the cas multiplier generates new cases. The cases are routed
through the flow and at some point of my AAE i want to merge these cases
back together into one cas and continue routing the merged cas through
other AEs.

My AAE looks like this:

inputText-> AE_1-> CasMultiplier -> AE_2-> AE_3 -> CasMerger -> AE_4 ->
AE_5-> CasConsumer

My CasMultiplier is similar to
org.apache.uima.examples.casMultiplier.SimpleTextSegmenter and my Merger
is similar to org.apache.uima.examples.casMultiplier.SimpleTextMerger.

I got the following problem:
My AAE generates two insteances of CasMerger, because the CasMultiplier
generates two cases. How do i tell my AAE to instantiate only one
CasMerger and route all cases generated by the CasMultiplier and
processed by AE_2 and AE_3 to that CasMerger?

Kindly help.

Thanks in advanced.

Hemati

--
A. Wahed Hemati
Text-Technology Lab

Re: Uima-AS Cas merger with cas multiplier

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemati,

If all the components listed are delegates of a single AAE, and the AAE is
deployed by UIMA-AS as "async", then by default only a single instance of
each delegate will be instantiated. Does the UIMA-AS deployment descriptor
specify more than one instance of any of the delegates?

Regards,
Eddie