Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by javadev82 <ja...@cox.net> on 2002/07/20 05:17:11 UTC

Help with build

Hello, I am using Tomcat 3.1 and I have the following in my build.xml
file:

<target name="dist" depends="prepare,compile" init="init">
    <chmod dir="${deploy.home}" perm="ugo+rx" includes="rc*" />
    <jar jarfile="${dist.home}/${dist.src}"
         basedir="." items="*"/>
    <jar jarfile="${dist.home}/${dist.war}"
         basedir="${deploy.home}" items="*"/>
  </target>

What I want to get accomplished is to make all files which
begin with "rc" in the deploy directory readable and executable.

The build works fine without the chmod line above, but when I add the
line
I get the error:

Configuration property "dir" does not have a setMethod in class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdef.Chmod

I read the ANT users guide and I cant figure out what the problem is.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Re: Help with build

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, javadev82 wrote:

> Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:38:43 -0700
> From: javadev82 <ja...@cox.net>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Help with build
>
> Do you have any idea what version of ANT came with Tomcat 3.1.

Something prior to Ant 1.2.  I haven't got a clue if there even was an
"official" then -- might have been before Ant was split off.  And I am
fairly certain that this was before the existence of the Ant User's Manual
as well.

> Or  even better know what attributes the chmod task had in that version.
> I used "src" instaed of "dir" and that works but now it seems the "includes"
> attribute does not exist in that early version of ANT.
>
> Anyone remember what was used instead of "includes", or were you guys
> not born yet way back when we had that ancient technology :-)

One of the costs of using old technologies is supporting yourself :-).
I'd guess your best bet would be to look in the Ant sources in the
"jakarta-tools" CVS repository.

> Bill

Craig

Re: Help with build

Posted by javadev82 <ja...@cox.net>.

RE: Help with build

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
That's a little harsh isn't it?

Many people are using older technologies because they have built
applications that are running fine on them and don't have the time our
resources to make all the necessary upgrades.  If someone is running tomcat
3.3.x connected to apache, etc., it may be smarter to maintain the working
version than to worry about all the upgrades.  Also, many people are more
comfortable using technology that has been released and stabilized instead
of brand new stuff that most likely has bugs or unknown issues.

Brandon

I don't understand why people use ancient products and keep to ask questions
about them. They waste their own time
as well as others'. Unlike antique, old technologies don't worth much.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Help with build

Posted by Vernon Wu <ve...@gatewaytech.com>.