Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Matej Knopp <ma...@knopp.sk> on 2006/11/22 13:33:46 UTC

Wicket 2 - Response implements Serializable?!

Hi,

I just update W2 and it doesn't compile, as the classes extended from
Response don't declare serial version uid. So it seem that Eelco made
response serializable. Johan and I think that it's a bad idea to have
Response implements serializable. I personally have found numerous bugs
just because response failed to serialize. (missing detachs, etc.)

I think if anyone need to Serialize response (String response), he
should make it's own derivate and make it implement Serializable.

So this is a vote. Should we remove Serializable from Response?

Me: +1

-Matej

Re: Wicket 2 - Response implements Serializable?!

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
Sigh... seems I had some outgoing changes still too. Programming in
the evenings != a good idea.

Eelco

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: Re: Wicket 2 - Response implements Serializable?!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
And 1.x branch doesn't compile because of it.

Martijn

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.