Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jane Johnson <ja...@ntlworld.com> on 2016/12/09 09:56:06 UTC

Open Office Upgrade Problem

I am trying to upgrade to Version 4.1.3

The download has failed every time I've tried over a 24 hour period and
using a selection of mirrors.

It has always worked in the past.

Thanks for your help.

*Problem description* 	*Exchange this text to describe the problem

(What does not work? What do you expect?)*
*Browser variables* 	*Values*
navigator.appCodeName 	Mozilla
navigator.appName 	Netscape
navigator.appVersion 	5.0 (Windows)
navigator.platform 	Win32
navigator.oscpu 	Windows NT 5.1
navigator.cpuClass 	undefined
navigator.product 	Gecko
navigator.productSub 	20100101
navigator.vendor
navigator.vendorSub
navigator.language 	en
navigator.browserLanguage 	undefined
navigator.userLanguage 	undefined
navigator.systemLanguage 	undefined
navigator.userAgent 	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:50.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Debian / Ubuntu / IceWeasel ? 	No / No / No
*Stable Release*
*JavaScript functions/variables* 	*Values*
Language ISO code 	en-GB
Language ISO code (from select box) 	en-GB
Release matrix platform position (full) 	11
Release matrix platform position (lp) 	12
Release matrix platform array data 	y,127
Release matrix language array data 	en-GB,English (British),English
(British),y,download/index.html
UI platform name 	Windows (EXE)
UI platform name (not supported)
Platform (short) 	win32
URL platform name (full) 	Win_x86_install
URL platform name (lp) 	Win_x86_langpack
URL platform name (from select box) 	win32
Version (from select box) 	4.1.3
File name (full) 	Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe
File name (lp) 	Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_langpack_en-GB.exe
File extension 	.exe
File size (full) (MByte) 	127
File size (lp) (MByte) 	11
Release info 	Milestone AOO413m1 | Build ID 9783 | SVN r1761381 |
Released 2016-10-12
Download file link (full)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.3/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe/download

Download file link (lp)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.3/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_langpack_en-GB.exe/download

Checksum file link (full) (here for MD5)
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.3/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe.md5

Checksum file link (lp) (here for MD5)
http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.3/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_langpack_en-GB.exe.md5

Base URL to Sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.3/binaries/
Base URL to Apache Archive 	http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.3
getLinkSelection() (download URL) 	undefined
isLanguageSupported() (true/false) ? 	true
Show the sub-box (true/false) ? 	true
General error (true/false) ? 	false

---

Re: Open Office Upgrade Problem

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
FWD'ing the reply to Jane as the mail was moderated and the sender not
subscribed.

Posted by Pedro <pe...@openmailbox.org>.
On 09-12-2016 09:56, Jane Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade to Version 4.1.3
>
> The download has failed every time I've tried over a 24 hour period
> and using a selection of mirrors.
>
> It has always worked in the past.

I had a similar problem downloading from sourceforge. The download was
not completed and comparing the MD5 to a partial download obviously
reported an error. The solution was to resume the download (from the
Firefox download dialog).

If that doesn't work, you can try downloading directly from Apache

http://archive.apache.org/dist/openoffice/4.1.3/binaries/en-GB/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.3_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe

Hope this helps!