Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org> on 2022/07/01 18:08:46 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.15.1, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

I would like to raise the question if we should abort this release
candidate at the current stage because of newly found bugs?

* The minimal voting period had already passed and with one addition
binding vote (e.g. mine), we could release this immediately and ship all
the other fixes to users.

* The way I see the process at this stage of the release, we have already
decided that we want to release now (otherwise we wouldn't have prepared a
candidate) and this is only about sanity checking and validating the
release candidate. Regressions - in this case between 1.15.0 and 1.15.1 -
would usually justify aborting the release candidate, but as far as I can
see neither FLINK-23528 and FLINK-28322 are regressions.

@Danny: I don't understand how FINK-23528 is a blocker for this release
candidate, sorry. It's been open for almost a year. Of course, it should
then go into the next patch release of Flink 1.15.

@Jingsong: Please re-consider your -1 vote.

Thanks,

Konstantin

--
https://twitter.com/snntrable
https://github.com/knaufk

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.15.1, release candidate #1

Posted by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org>.
Hi Konstantin,

I agree this issue has been around for a while now, but Flink 1.15's
savepoint ownership changes make it much more likely to cause issues.

Since it is not a regression of 1.15.0 we can fix it in the next patch
release.

+0 from me too.

Thanks

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.