Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrey Rogov <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/24 14:17:13 UTC

number of request

I made a project containing 10 HTTP Request,
Number of threads = 1, Loop Quantity = 100000.
After the work was done a diagram's num of samples was 5795.
Then I changed the number of threads to be 50, Loop Quantity - 1000.
The diagram's No. of Samples  became 5944.
I expected 100000 samples in the first case, and 50000 in the second.
When I choose forever I get <6000 as the number.

Why num of samples not equal Threads * Loop Quantity ?

regards,
 Andrey                          mailto:Andrey.Rogov@gmail.com

SOLVED, Re[4]: number of request

Posted by Andrey Rogov <an...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for delay,

The problem was in the fact that as the number of iterations was increasing,
free memory would decrease and the text would stop.

Rupendra Butola helped me solve the problem.
1. I increased the HEAP size,  HEAP=-Xms256m -Xmx1024m .
2. Increased the EVACUATION parameter
   EVACUATION="-XX:MaxLiveObjectEvacuationRatio=50%"
3. I had several listeners that took up a lot of space and as the number of
operations was gowing the memory was decreasing. For example, Tree listener.

Now that I have to evaluate the correctness of the inquiry I switch on the
tree listener, and when I need to do a lot of texts, I switch it off, put a
forever flag and perform several hundred thousand operations.

Andrey .

s> Perhaps you could let the others on the JMeter user list know what the
s> problem was?

Re: number of request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.