Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/07/06 14:53:55 UTC

Value of starting the Modeler from Maven

On top of our other woes with certain Maven deps not being available on central, we have to support starting the Modeler from Maven. E.g.: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1580 So I am coming back to the question of "do we care to support maven-cayenne-modeler-plugin":

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-modeler.html

? We had a discussion about it some years ago, but I am still puzzled who would use it.

If we decide that we need to keep supporting it, somebody needs to take care of the deps. If we fail to submit them all to central, one option may be rolling out a real Maven repo manager on objectstyle.org (probably Nexus) and start maintaining all our dependencies there.

(maybe this is the question for the user list also)

Andrus

Re: Value of starting the Modeler from Maven

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, foundrylogic.vpp:vpp:jar is velocity-related.

If I remember right, it provides the hook between ant and velocity
tasks.   It may not be necessary for maven.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@puregumption.com>.
Running with maven 2.2.1.
[...]

Then I hit this exception:
Running org.apache.cayenne.access.HorizontalInheritanceTest
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException: org.apache.cayenne.access.HorizontalInheritanceTest; nested exception is java.lang.InstantiationError: org.apache.cayenne.event.EventManager; nested exception is org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException: org.apache.cayenne.access.HorizontalInheritanceTest; nested exception is java.lang.InstantiationError: org.apache.cayenne.event.EventManager
org.apache.maven.surefire.testset.TestSetFailedException: org.apache.cayenne.access.HorizontalInheritanceTest; nested exception is java.lang.InstantiationError: org.apache.cayenne.event.EventManager
java.lang.InstantiationError: org.apache.cayenne.event.EventManager
	at org.apache.cayenne.conf.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:183)
	at org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration.<init>(DefaultConfiguration.java:59)
	at org.apache.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration.<init>(DefaultConfiguration.java:47)
	at org.apache.cayenne.unit.CayenneCase$1.<init>(CayenneCase.java:55)
	at org.apache.cayenne.unit.CayenneCase.<clinit>(CayenneCase.java:52)

So I had to -DskipTests to finish the build.

Robert

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.