Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Vinoski <vi...@iona.com> on 2006/09/27 05:53:35 UTC

java unit vs. system tests

Perhaps I'm missing something, but are the Qpid Java unit tests
really unit tests? To me they seem more like system tests. One
critical aspect of a unit test is isolation, typically achieved via
mock objects, but when I look through the code I don't really see the
isolation I expect to see.

Does anybody have any coverage figures for these tests? Perhaps
someone familiar with the tests could file JIRAs for the parts known
to lack coverage.

Again, assuming I'm not missing something, this is another reason why
I advocate (and am still working on) moving to maven. It will force
us to get our testing structures in order, will make it easier to add
tests wherever required, and will also give us code coverage
essentially for free.

--steve

Re: java unit vs. system tests

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
I would also like to see the Python systems test run across both Java
and C++. They
do now for C++, but would like to see this to be the case with Maven.

Carl.

Re: java unit vs. system tests

Posted by John O'Hara <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: java unit vs. system tests