Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/11 21:18:48 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Hello everyone;

I would like to call for a vote on the Dependency Manager top level release
R12.
The following issues have been fixed:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-5683] - getServiceProperties returns null instead of empty
dictionary
    * [FELIX-5716] - Dead Lock in DM
    * [FELIX-5768] - DM Lambda stop callback not being called
    * [FELIX-5955] - Move changelog.txt to toplevel project dir
    * [FELIX-5956] - NPE when invoking a lifecycle runnable method from
init method

** New Feature
    * [FELIX-5336] - Add support for prototype scope services in DM4

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-5937] - Refactor DM bndtools/gradle project
    * [FELIX-5939] - DM annotations enhancements
    * [FELIX-5941] - DM APi enhancements
    * [FELIX-5957] - Check if a default implementation is used only on
optional dependencies

** Task
    * [FELIX-5960] - Do not supply MD5 checksum

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:

     sh check_staged_release.sh r12 /tmp/felix-staging

This script, unlike the original Felix check_stage_release.sh, is specific
to the Dependency Manager release process (see FELIX-4818) and will
download staging from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/felix instead
of http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories.

To rebuild the DM binaries from the source, you can then refer to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/resources/src/README.src

Unlike with previous version, there is no
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r11-deps.zip anymore.
Before building the source, if you use an http proxy then you must set the
following environment variables:
(check README.src):

 export GRADLE_OPTS="-Dhttps.proxyHost=www.somehost.org
-Dhttps.proxyPort=port"
 export http_proxy=www.somehost.org:port
 export https_proxy=www.somehost.org:port

Please cast your votes to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

thanks & regards;
/Pierre

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Posted by Raymond Auge <ra...@liferay.com>.
+1

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Posted by Juan Manuel Calderon <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Jan Willem Janssen <j....@lxtreme.nl>.
On Thu, 2018-10-11 at 23:18 +0200, Pierre De Rop wrote:
> Hello everyone;
> [...]
>
> Please cast your votes to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

Signatures look good, had to manually tweak the embedded gradle wrapper to version 4.7 to
get the sources building on Java 10. Unfortunately, there are integration test failures on
Java 10.

Switching back to Java 8 does give me a successful build. But, given the rapid pace in
which Java currently evolves, I do see this as a bit of a show-stopper. As such, I'm not
able to cast my vote yet.

Is this a known issue (did not look into JIRA to see if it is, sorry)?

Kind regards,

  Jan Willem

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release R12

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
-1 from me

Unfortunately, I need to cancel this release, I've been told about a bug
regarding service scopes where a component with prototype scope can be
instantiated twice, unexpectedly.
I think it's show stopper issue, this is why I prefer to cancel this
release (I have updated the FELIX-5336 jira issue for the bug found).
I also have done some fixes for the support of Java9+ (9,10,11), which was
not supported so far, and I have created FELIX-5967 for this issue (thanks
to Jan Willem for having reported the problem).

All is committed for both issues and I will redo a new R13 release soon.
thank you.

Pierre

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)