Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Kleine-Albers <dk...@dka-edv.net> on 2007/08/18 04:31:17 UTC

T4.1.2 BrowserEvent doesn't contain position in IE

Hi all,

The problem I'm experiencing only occurs in IE (6 and 7), Firefox is
working fine. It seems that the position information in BrowserEvent
is not populated when using IE.

I have an EventListener attached to a DIV element like this:

@EventListener(targets="createLinkLayer", events="onclick")
public void doAddLinkPosition(BrowserEvent event) {
	log.debug("X: " + event.getPageX() + " Y: " + event.getPageY()
                 + " Layer X: " + event.getLayerX() + " Y: " +
event.getLayerY());

         ... doSomehting ...
}

If the event is triggered using Firefox everything is fine. If using
IE none of the positions (Page / Layer) is available  - all return
"null".

The problem appears in Jetty as well as Tomcat (although I don't
think this is relevant here).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: T4.1.2 BrowserEvent doesn't contain position in IE

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
It's possible pageX isn't a valid property of the IE generated event.
 A jira report would help.

On 8/17/07, Daniel Kleine-Albers <dk...@dka-edv.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The problem I'm experiencing only occurs in IE (6 and 7), Firefox is
> working fine. It seems that the position information in BrowserEvent
> is not populated when using IE.
>
> I have an EventListener attached to a DIV element like this:
>
> @EventListener(targets="createLinkLayer", events="onclick")
> public void doAddLinkPosition(BrowserEvent event) {
>         log.debug("X: " + event.getPageX() + " Y: " + event.getPageY()
>                  + " Layer X: " + event.getLayerX() + " Y: " +
> event.getLayerY());
>
>          ... doSomehting ...
> }
>
> If the event is triggered using Firefox everything is fine. If using
> IE none of the positions (Page / Layer) is available  - all return
> "null".
>
> The problem appears in Jetty as well as Tomcat (although I don't
> think this is relevant here).
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Thanks,
> Daniel

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: T4.1.2 BrowserEvent doesn't contain position in IE

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
I haven't played around with this at all, but if you think it is a bug, open
a JIRA issue and I'm sure Jesse will take a look at it.  If it turns out to
not be a bug, it'll just get closed out anyway.

--
Kevin

On 8/17/07 10:31 PM, in article
2F4A6140-CFAA-41F8-A811-825E37B57121@dka-edv.net, "Daniel Kleine-Albers"