Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de> on 2010/09/13 19:00:01 UTC

reduce.py with newline in the end

Hi,

I've got a problem with a view: my editors (gedit, nano) add a newline
to the end of the reduce.py file (with a builtin reduce function), which
lets couchdb crash.

Can you do anything to avoid it (and not switch my editors)?

Regards
Julian

Re: reduce.py with newline in the end

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
> my editors (gedit, nano) add a newline to the end of the reduce.py file

Too bad it is not necessary anymore... it would have been a good reason to switch to vim and its noeol option ;)

Aurélien

Re: reduce.py with newline in the end

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
IIRC jchris committed a patch that fixes this behavior (ignoring trailing whitespace) to trunk some time ago.

Posted by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de>.
Am Montag, den 13.09.2010, 11:09 -0700 schrieb J Chris Anderson:
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

Hi all,

> > On 13 Sep 2010, at 18:00, Julian Moritz wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've got a problem with a view: my editors (gedit, nano) add a newline
> >> to the end of the reduce.py file (with a builtin reduce function), which
> >> lets couchdb crash.
> >
> > According to one reading of the POSIX standards, all text files should be terminated with a newline character. If this causes a crash, I would say that's a bug.
> >

> this was fixed in 1.0.1

thanks for that tip, I'm using couchdb 0.10 under ubuntu.

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.