Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2014/07/18 11:19:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] Debian packages

Hi all,
as you might have read [1] there is a project on GitHub [2] for
providing Debian packages for Apache Syncope.

I have taken a quick look at it seems very interesting.

Since the author says
> I would like to see the work upstream if possible.

I suppose - I've asked for confirmation though - that he is willing to
donate.

In this case, besides some changes that might be required for complying
with Debian packaging policies (about file locations, for example), I
wonder if providing .deb downloadable artifacts might require some
additional work - OpenOffice is doing this, so I do assume it is feasible.

WDYT?

[1] http://markmail.org/message/grzgm22b64p4hmo7
[2] https://github.com/ieugen/apache-syncope-debian

--