Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Heshan Jayasinghe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/31 12:16:29 UTC

[Dev] Add Content-Encoding to Google Cloud Storage

Hi All,

I'm contributing to the issue jclouds 885 [1].I am new to jclouds
contribution and i am reading documentations and do all the things.Up to
now I clone and setup jclouds labs google [2]  project in IDEA developer
environment.I am activated google cloud storage and going through their
steps.Google cloud platform gives only 60days free trial.

I think I need mentor in this point to find correct path because I'm new to
jclouds.I can find the way how to do Content-Encoding with gzip but i need
help from Jclouds to solve this issue.

Could you please tell me the steps I should follow to contribute this issue?

[1]-https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-885
[2]-https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google

Thank You!
regards,
Heshan Jayasinghe
Undergraduate of university of moratuwa,

Re: [Dev] Add Content-Encoding to Google Cloud Storage

Posted by Daniel Broudy <br...@google.com.INVALID>.
Hi Heshan jayasinghe,

Thanks for reaching out!

To run the GCS live tests you need to set up a Google Compute Engine
project, enable the Google Cloud Storage JSON Api, set up a service account
and download the JSON key for that service account. Setting up a service
account on your project is described in better detail here:
https://jclouds.apache.org/guides/google/

Once you have a JSON key file on your local machine, that file contains
both the identity and credentials for a service account on your project.
You can run tests by passing in the path to that file. Use the below
commands substituting in the path to your JSON file for
"path/to/json/key/file.json"

The following would run all live tests. Run these commands from the cloned
jclouds-labs-google directory
mvn -Plive clean install
-Dtest.google-cloud.json-key=path/to/json/key/file.json

To run one one specific test, in this case the ObjectApiLiveTest, run the
following from the locally cloned jclouds-labs-google directory
mvn -Dtest=ObjectApiLiveTest test
 -Dtest.google-cloud.json-key=path/to/json/key/file.json

Also to run the unit tests simply run the following from the
jclouds-labs-google directory
mvn clean install

I recommend that you first try to get the ObjectApiLiveTest passing because
it is quick to run, consistent, and will prove you have authentication set
up correctly.

HTH and feel free to keep reaching out with questions!

-Danny

Posted by Heshan Jayasinghe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.