Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/29 19:35:07 UTC

Re: Modifying StandardAnalyzer so that it also splits words after pun ctuation characters that are not followed by whitespace

Well, one possibility is to do something simpler. Rather than
modifying StandardAnalyzer, modify the input stream. That is,
substitute spaces for punctuation NOT followed by whitespace
and then just let the analyzer handle the result.

For that matter, if you're going to alter the input stream
before giving it to the analyzer, you can then use pretty
simple analyzers unless you need some of the
other characteristics of StandardAnalyzer....

Or not....

Erick