Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Garretson <ma...@assembly.state.ny.us> on 2002/04/08 17:48:10 UTC

how to build static httpd binary? (v2.0.35, redhat 7.2)

With Apache 1.x, I always built a static httpd binary to simplify
running it in a chroot'd environment, and for whatever speed
improvements it might have offered.   I did this by using
the --disable-rule=SHARED_CORE configure flag, and also adding
-static to LDFLAGS.

Now with Apache 2.0.35, the SHARED-CORE rule no longer exists,
and adding -static or even -all-static to to LDFLAGS and/or
LTFLAGS doesn't work.  (The Apache-distributed libtool doesn't
even accept the -all-static switch.)  So i'm at a loss for
how to build a statically linked httpd binary.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this under Redhat 7.2?

TIA,
-Matt