Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik <fi...@filip.net> on 2000/12/13 00:25:33 UTC

Re: Question about Linux install of Tomcat 3.2 (is there an RPM y et)

Line by line instructions on how to install Apache with Open SSL and mod_ssl
download the packages from apache.org, mod-ssl.org, openssl.org

this script has to hard coded things
--prefix and the setenv SSL_BASE

gunzip apache_1.3.12.tar.gz
tar -xvf apache_1.3.12.tar

gunzip openssl-0.9.5a.tar.gz
tar -xvf openssl-0.9.5a.tar.gz

gunzip mod_ssl-2.6.6-1.3.12.tar.gz
tar -xvf mod_ssl-2.6.6-1.3.12.tar

cd apache_1.3.12
./configure --prefix=/home/pakana/apache

cd ../openssl-0.9.5a
./config --prefix=/home/pakana/ssl
make
make test
make install

cd ../mod_ssl-2.6.6-1.3.12
./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.12

cd ../apache_1.3.12
setenv SSL_BASE ../openssl-0.9.5a

./configure \
--enable-module=ssl \