Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by חנן אואנונו <ha...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/16 12:52:05 UTC

Topics strategy to avoid starvation

Hi All,

What  would be the best topics definition strategy, to support use-cases
where we would like to avoid starvation within different instances of
events of the same type.

For example, let's say we have fraud detection entity that issue a new
event upon each failed sign-in, and an action is taking place every X
failed sing-ins. Now, assume that user A gets 100X failed sing-ins (some
attack??) and user B gets 2X failed sing-ins. In such case, notification
for user B will get delayed on the account of user A.

What would be a good topic strategy here?

Thanks,
Hanan