Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Joman Chu <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/19 13:18:16 UTC

Release Date of Hadoop 0.17.1

Hello, I was wondering when Hadoop 0.17.1 was going to be released.
I'm being affected by the QuickSort unbounded recursion bug (I think
Hadoop-3442), and I want to know if I should apply the patch myself
and push it out to my cluster or wait for Hadoop 0.17.1 to be
released. I'd rather not duplicate the amount of work I need to do in
order to fix the cluster or kill people's jobs unnecessarily.

Thanks,
Joman Chu

RE: Release Date of Hadoop 0.17.1

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
It should be out within a couple of days. As of now voting is on and will
end on 23rd.

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I strongly suggest you download the candidate release and make sure
it solves your problem.  Then provide a +1 or -1 reply to the vote
thread:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-Hadoop-0.17.1-%28candidate-0%29-
tt17995523.html

Cheers,