Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2012/11/06 15:03:54 UTC

Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Hi,

well I think I have finally finished my work on the Maven FDK generator and will probably turn on public access to it.

Just wanted to know if it is best to do that on the Flexmojos Repo or if there is some place on one the Apache repos for that. As the generator generally transforms Flex SDKs into a mavenized form and doesn't directly have something to do with Flexmojos itself (Even if FM depends on it), I think it would be better hosted at Apache. If you think of this differently I'll simply host it in the repo at http://flexmojos.atlassian.net

What do you think?

Chris

AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
no i was more thinking about contributing the source code. So anyone interested could check it out, build and generate his own fdks. I
I think there shouldn't be any legal issues with that.

Chris
Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: AW: AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
It's just 9 Java classes, 2 Textfiles and a maven pom ... so I would call it teenieweenie :-)

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber
Dipl. Inf. Christofer Dutz
Karlstraße. 104, 64285 Darmstadt

   IT- und Systemhäuser

fon:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 61
fax:  0 61 51 / 27315 - 64
mobil:  0171 / 7 444 2 33
email:  christofer.dutz@c-ware.de
http://www.c-ware.de

UStId-Nr. DE195700962

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I think we can put that documentation either in a Wiki page, or on the
(new) website on it's own page. But putting it in a JIRA (sub) ticket will
certainly make sure the information is available and 'safely stored for
future generations' ;-)

EdB

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM, christofer.dutz@c-ware.de <

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so I think I might fill out the stuff and send it in ... then I'll do the documentation and as soon as all is finished, I'll contact you guys for how do actually do the donation.

Chris

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: AW: AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

AW: AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by Markus Gritsch <ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Chris,

great news! My current project is because of it`s size totally based on flexmojos. It would be very nice to get it build with flex 4.8. I`m really excited to try your maven fdk gen. once it is public. In the past I was trying to build flexmojos from source but it was very complicated. Maybe the right place for your tool is the utility category at apache flex?

Markus

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

I think people should not be only interested...your work is a need for flex
future! Thanks again for your work! :)

I would like to test 4.8 sdk as soon as you give access to it, since we are
now on 4.6, I think it would be very straight forward to upgrade to 4.8
maven flex artifacts and see if all works as expected.

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by "Eugene Krevenets (aka Hyzhak)" <hy...@yandex.com>.
Thanks for good job, I very glad for it. It's can save me on my huge project. If Apache team of commiters will not host you, maybe better decision will be a github? Where everybody can pull request new features and fixed problems.

Best regards.

--

Eugene Krevenets. Software Engineer of Realaxy.

Blog: http://anykeytocreate.blogspot.com
Code: http://hyzhak.github.com
linkedIn: http://me.linkedin.com/in/eugenekrevenets

Re: AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

AW: Where to host the Maven SDK generator?

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.