Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/26 13:25:43 UTC

Version node

hi all,

I have 2 questions on Version nodes :

1. Is it possible to add extra properties in a version node ? For example,
when I check in a version, I want to specify extra properties like :
user="myuser",
comment="This new version blalbla ..."
2. How the version number is managed ? Eg. can the developer decide to
increment the major version number when the node is checkin ? ...

Christophe

Re: Version node

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
> Isn't this because of the underlying svn usage?
no, we did not implement a svn-server into jackrabbit, yet :-)

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Re: Version node

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
#: Tobias Bocanegra changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/26/2005 2:06 PM :#
>> 1. Is it possible to add extra properties in a version node ? For example,
>> when I check in a version, I want to specify extra properties like :
>> user="myuser",
>> comment="This new version blalbla ..."
> no you can't. but the suggestion from miro is good
>
>> 2. How the version number is managed ? Eg. can the developer decide to
>> increment the major version number when the node is checkin ? ...
> no you can't. the version numbers are always incremented by .1, and a
> new .1 is created upon a branch.
> T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Isn't this because of the underlying svn usage?

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: Version node