Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/09/13 12:34:37 UTC

Syncing Flexmojos FlexJS support

HI Guys,

I just wanted to know, if anything has changed regarding the structure or usage of FlexJS has changed in the last months.
I know that I had FlexJS support working initially, but would expect quite some things having changed.
Currently you should be able to build FlexJS applications using Flexmojos, but I think there are probably some more config options now to build these flex+js libs. I would like to add support to building these in Flexmojos. Such a project would probably have a structure like this:

/src/main/as
/src/main/js
/src/main/resources

Or does building the js part currently involve manual interaction?

By the way ... I created an ant task in Falcon and FlexJS to build Maven artifacts. Is that still up to date? Are snapshots still published?

Chris

RE: Syncing Flexmojos FlexJS support

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

> HI Guys,
>
> I just wanted to know, if anything has changed regarding the structure or usage of FlexJS has changed in the last months.
> I know that I had FlexJS support working initially, but would expect quite some things having changed.

 Currently you should be able to build FlexJS applications using
Flexmojos, but I think there are probably some more config options now
to build these flex+js libs. I would like to add support to building
these in Flexmojos. Such a project would probably have a structure like
this:

> /src/main/as
> /src/main/js
> /src/main/resources
>
> Or does building the js part currently involve manual interaction?

Not sure if it is your concern or if I totally understood well your point creating a new js source path but just to tell you what I'm doing at the moment:

1- For now, the framework libraries are made of .as and .js sources, the js files are bundle into the built .swc for each framework library.
I started in a branch to remove those js files and started coding them in as3, using the externs (js libraries api converted into as3 and built as .swc), if I success, all the sources will be as3, conditionally compiled to .swc and .js, the js file will be bundle into the .swc, to facilitate that :

2- I don't use the o.a.f.compiler.clients.* compiler directly but the flex-oem-compiler I adapted for intelliJ and transformed into a wrapper to o.a.f.compiler.clients.* to do those compilation steps in a once.
Now I have the control over the IntelliJ Flex Plugin, I will be able to move those changes into IntelliJ, modify its UI and behaviour to accept the different js-output-type we have, adapt the create / import / project / modules, etc... and internally call the o.a.f.compiler.clients.*

It is on what I'm focussed at the moment before continuing with the point 1 as I want the help of an IDE to do it.

I guess you use directly the o.a.f.compiler.clients.* and first, to be clear, what I'm doing as no impact on FM at the moment.
Once I will have done or almost done what I described in 2, it will be the time for me to sync with the FM conf., it doesn't mean you can't provide a js-output-type option in FM right now though if not already done and I could have missed something and then could be wrong but I'm not sure providing a js source path for non framework libraries make sense at the moment, it would maybe be better to wait to know if the effort I started works, in this case the library developer will also use conditional compilation if he eventually needs to integrate with js library converted in .swc

Now, what I described is still on going and I don't know how much time it will take or even if it will be successful, so, if you want anyway to provide a js source path in, knows that to bundle the js files into the .swc, you will have to use in FM "-include-file js/out/*, src/main/js" IIRC but once again not sure it make sense to have that, to me, the library developer will extend the FlexJS framework essentially.

Someone to correct me if I'm wrong or didn't get the point ?

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 9/13/15, 3:34 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>HI Guys,
>
>I just wanted to know, if anything has changed regarding the structure or
>usage of FlexJS has changed in the last months.

The biggest change is that the .js files are packaged in the SWCs.  And
there are more SWCs, depending on when you last checked.

>I know that I had FlexJS support working initially, but would expect
>quite some things having changed.
>Currently you should be able to build FlexJS applications using
>Flexmojos, but I think there are probably some more config options now to
>build these flex+js libs. I would like to add support to building these
>in Flexmojos. Such a project would probably have a structure like this:
>
>/src/main/as
>/src/main/js
>/src/main/resources
>
>Or does building the js part currently involve manual interaction?

Not sure what you are asking, but you can look at
flex-asjs/examples/native/USStatesMap for an example that doesn’t create a
SWF and just uses low-level JS.

>By the way ... I created an ant task in Falcon and FlexJS to build Maven
>artifacts. Is that still up to date? Are snapshots still published?

Don’t know.  Where was it running?  Builds.a.o is totally broken by some
Git issue.

-Alex